games problem with my ef81

games problem with my ef81

Postby colinx » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:59am

First of all, thanks for the great forum. I've already learned a whole lot here.

I've got a bit of a problem with my ef81. I've downloaded some games and in the process of installing them I made a stupid mistake. When the midlet program tells you that your phone must be reset after the installation, I pushed later and installed several other games thinking that I could restart it afterwords and everything would be fine. Well, it's not fine. Now nothing installs. It says it installs, and the free mem space goes down accordingly, but theres nothing. It doesn't do the installing midlet suites thing upon startup, there's nothing in the game list to delete.

I downloaded bitpim and bmc thinking I could find the files and delete them, but I can't find anthing. I spent a half hour looking at every file in the phone.

Any ideas?
colinx
Hai! I'm new here! Plz help me!!!1

Postby xpq » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:16pm

I had the same problem and I'm afraid the only way to fix it is to reinstall firmware. But if don't necessarily need to have games in games folder you can install them as apps. And also - the installation directory is /brew/mod/java_ams/config/games/
xpq
Follower of N00Byism
Follower of N00Byism

Postby colinx » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:02pm

Thanks so much xpq, I'm really showing my ignorance here. Bitpim doesn't see anything in that folder, but bmc does and I was able to delete the files.
There's still some problem though, I get the same thing when I install a game.

The folder in bmc now looks like this:

brew/mod/java_ams/cofig/games

name size date
[..]
[] <DIR> 10/19/2007 4:39 pm
-1469505536 10/19/2007 4:39 pm

Can I delete the inaccesible interior directory, or the odd -1469505536 file? Can either of them be the source of the ongoing problem? Are those files there on anyone elses ef81?

It also gives me an error when I get into the file:

"access violation at address 004DAB09 in module 'brew commander.exe'. read of adress 00000000"

At any rate installing them as applications works fine. I should've thought of that myself. This is my first cell phone, but I am quite computer literate.

Thanks again.
colinx

Postby xpq » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49pm

Nah, you can't delete these files. As far as I know the only way to get rid of them is to reinstall a firmware. But if you don't want to do that you can still install games as apps.
xpq
Follower of N00Byism
Follower of N00Byism

Postby colinx » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:02pm

Yeah, that's what I've been doin' here. Thanks for the info.
colinx

Postby cabina » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:32pm

how can i instal a game? beacause she does an error " error occured during transfer!"
cabina

Postby SandStorm » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:52pm

hi.
to install java games on your phone, you need BMC from bezysoftware.net

-> install BMC
-> launch it.
-> go to the 'settings' button, and once you have th ephone connected to the cable, press "autodetection"
-> click ok to save the settings
-> in the bropmenu, select "brew"
-> press "connect"
now, with the window from the left side, wich is one explorer, navigate to the folder you have the game.
-> click with the mouse button from the right-side, and press "install java" or similar
-> if you don't have any JAD file, it can create one.
Press the 'transfer to phone' option, and select it to be in the games folder.
restart the phone when asked.
-> it will load the files, and the game will now appear in the games menu, if supported.
SandStorm
Administrator
Administrator

Return to EF51, EF71, EF81 and EF91